South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) is the Contract Administrator for the state of South Dakota for certain project-based Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contracts.
SDHDA is directly responsible for the following:
- Conducting management and occupancy reviews.
- Adjusting contract rents.
- Processing HAP contract renewals, terminations or expirations.
- Processing monthly vouchers from Section 8 owners.
- Processing Special Claims
- Responding to health and safety issues.
- Conducting and following-up on the results of Section 8 project physical inspections.
Call or email any of the following Staff with your Section 8 questions: