Over 200 homeownership education classes are held throughout South Dakota during the year by a network of HUD-approved housing counseling agencies. HERO partners can provide classes in a group format, one-on-one or online to potential homeowners. Pre-purchase homebuyer education will provide information on homebuying and financial management including:
- Personal Money Management - Gain a broader understanding of budgeting and other money management.
- Credit History Review - Learn the importance of your credit report and the impact it has on homeownership.
- Financing and the Loan Process - Learn the financing process and available financing alternatives.
- Shopping for a Home - Find out how to search and select a home appropriate to your needs.
- Now that I'm a Homeowner - Prepare for the responsibilities of homeownership financially and maintenance of your home.
- Predatory Lending - A must for all new homeowners! - Learn how to detect fraudulent or deceptive behavior in the mortgage industry.
Additional topics may be covered at the discretion of the HERO Partner.