Qualifications for Project Based Section 8, Tenant Based Section 8 Voucher, Rural Development, and HOME units are similar. Each landlord may have different selection criteria, depending on the funding for the property.
Generally, to qualify for the above mentioned, you must meet the following criteria
- Annual income may not exceed the applicable income limit.*
- Unit must be household’s only residence.
- Unit size standards. Family has to meet size requirements to qualify for multiple bedrooms.*
- Specific eligibility criteria for project applied to i.e. elderly, disabled.*
- Documentation of citizenship or eligible immigration status.
- *Waivers may be available if you do not meet these criteria at certain locations.
Qualifications for Tax Credit Unit include the following criteria
- Annual income may not exceed the applicable income limit.
- Some properties may have specific eligibility criteria for project i.e. elderly.
- Certain full-time students may not be qualified.