Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint. There are several ways to file a complaint:
- You can file a complaint right now, by using this online form.
- You can call toll-free 1-800-877-7353.
- You can print out a form, complete it, and drop it off at your local HUD office or mail it to the address below:
- You can write a letter including:
- Your name and address
- The name and address of the person your complaint is about
- The address of the house or apartment you were trying to rent or buy
- The date when this incident occurred
- A short description of what happened
Then mail it to the Fair Housing Hub closest to you:
Fair Housing Hub
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Denver, Colorado 80202
TTY (303) 672-5248