SDHDA Interior Banners

Discrimination Complaints

Federal law prohibits housing discrimination based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability. If you have been trying to buy or rent a home or apartment and you believe your rights have been violated, you can file a fair housing complaint.  There are several ways to file a complaint:

  • You can file a complaint right now, by using this online form.
  • You can call toll-free 1-800-877-7353.
  • You can print out a form, complete it, and drop it off at your local HUD office or mail it to the address below:
  • You can write a letter including:
    1. Your name and address
    2. The name and address of the person your complaint is about
    3. The address of the house or apartment you were trying to rent or buy
    4. The date when this incident occurred
    5. A short description of what happened

Then mail it to the Fair Housing Hub closest to you:
Fair Housing Hub
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
1670 Broadway
Denver, Colorado 80202
(303) 672-5151
TTY (303) 672-5248

For more information visit HUD.

Latest News

  • Face-to-Face Board Meeting Scheduled for November 21, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. CST +

    The call-in information and agenda is below for people who may not be able to attend.  Join online meeting  Read More
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6